Here’s what I found in Ridgefield that contributes to healthy living:
- Rec center – with a wide variety of programs
- Elaborate Hiking Trail system
- Founders Hall – For Sr’s only -(Age: 60+)
- Teen Center
- Skating Center
- Boys & Girls Club
- Youth & Adult sports programs
- Multiple Pharmacies: RiteAid, Walgreens, CVS, Bissells,
- Churches – with a variety of programs embedded
- Ample sidewalks for walking in and around town.
- Meals on Wheels- Food program for people with food insecurity/Food Pantry Not just for seniors
- Urgent Care – Walk-in Clinic
- Several Doctors practices in a variety of specialties
- X # Dentists
- Nature Temptation Organic Food Store, Mallillo Farms – Fresh Vegetables, Veronica’s farm stand.
- Public Library recently renovated and very inviting and welcomes people who don’t have AC on hot days to hang out and chill.
- Numerous Restaurants
- NO FAST FOOD CHAINS! (McD’s, BK, Wendy ,Etc)
- Community Outreach groups
- Ballard Park – X acres
- Great Pond – Public swimming
- Dhly Ridge Gold Course – Public
- Playgrounds and Public access fields for sports & Rec
- Pickleball/Tennis courts
- Police & Fire Dept, with two EMS crews.
- Movie Theater
- Aldrich Museum
- Ridgefield Playhouse, Contemporary Theater,
- Lions Club, Rotary Club, American Legion, civic organizations
- Director of Social Services – Numerous outreach org (Neighbors Helping Neighbors,
- Municipal Agent – A dedicated person to help navigate any areas of concern or stress
This is truly an impressive list.
Here is a list of items I think Ridgefield NEEDS (Not a very long list):
- Better quality Pickleball courts
- More affordable housing units for renters – How many rentals
- Public Transportation options – Ride sharing to points of interest (Danbury Mall, VA, Katonah Train Station, Norwalk
2 thoughts on “What does My PLACE have for Healthy Living?…A Lot!”
Wow that certainly is a lot of resources! That’s really great that Ridgefield has a food pantry, and I would definitely like to know more about whether any action is being taken to provide more public transportation.
Thanks for thinking about the elderly and disabled who need transportation. Nice Job! Impressive place!